Nantucket Community School and Nantucket Public Schools are pleased to announce the
opening of Cobblestone Kids, a pre-kindergarten program designed for our little islanders! This program is located at the Nantucket Elementary School next to NCS’s newly relocated Registration Office & Early Childhood Center.
Cobblestone Kids is scheduled to open Tuesday, January 2, 2018!
During the 2017/18 school year, open seats will be filled on a rolling basis throughout the year. Child(ren) must be four (4) years of age and able to use the bathroom independently prior to their start date.
To secure your child’s seat and/or to be placed on our waiting list, please submit the Cobblestone Kids Inquiry Form – 2017 and ALL registration paperwork (see links below).
Registration paperwork and the $600 non-refundable program fee (to be applied to your child’s first two weeks of class) is due to the NCS Office by Friday, November 17th in order for your child to begin in January.
- Cobblestone Kids Inquiry Form (2017)
- Cobblestone Kids -Waiver/Consent Form (2017)
- Cobblestone Kids – Emergency Contact Form (2017)
- Cobblestone Kids – Developmental Background Form (2017)
- Proof of Child’s Immunization & Proof of Physical Exam (signed & dated within the past 12 months). This information/form is available through your doctor’s office.
Cobblestone Kids Program Description:
Cobblestone Kids is the Community School’s latest endeavor in reaching our mission to engage, strengthen and connect our community. This pre-kindergarten program is designed to provide our children with the highest-quality, early learning environment that is safe, nurturing, play-based, family-friendly, and affordable for Nantucket’s year-round, working families.
Recognizing that children learn at their own pace and in differing ways, we use multi-sensory, brain-building and developmentally appropriate approaches to grow the whole child; cognitively, academically, socially and physically. STEM and Literacy-based activities are created to engage each student’s natural imagination and curiosity for learning while encouraging pro-social interactions. Parents/Caregivers are considered the child’s first teachers who play a key role in shaping their child’s future school success. To encourage and celebrate this role, Cobblestone Kids will include regularly scheduled Family Fun programming open to all members of the family.
Requirement: Child MUST be four (4) years of age and able to use the bathroom independently prior to enrollment.
Hours of Operation:
Academic Year: September – June 7:35am – 5:15pm Monday through Friday
Summer Session: July & August 8:00am – 4:00pm Monday through Friday
** Extended Day: July & August 4:00pm – 5:15pm Monday through Friday
Open year round with abbreviated hours during the summer session.
**Summer Extended Day option may be offered pending staff availability.
Closed during NPS’s regularly scheduled breaks and holidays.
Registration Fee: None
Program Fee: $600 non-refundable program fee is required at time of registration
to be applied to the child’s first two weeks of class.
Academic Year: $11,400
Academic Year & Summer Session: $14,100
- Inquiry Forms: Accepted on a rolling basis!
- Click Here to download the Cobblestone Kids Inquiry Form!
- Registration Paperwork & Program Fee for the CURRENT 2017/18 School Year:
- DUE by November 17, 2017
- 1st day of 2017/18 school begins on January 2, 2018
- Registration Paperwork & Program Fee for NEXT 2018/19 School Year:
- DUE by February 1, 2018
- 1st day of 2018/19 school year begins on September 4, 2018
- Submit all paperwork to NCS’s newly relocated Business office at 30 Surfside Road (NES)
or email to Katie Manchester at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When a seat becomes available, the next eligible person on the waiting list will receive an email to include the following:
- Parent Handbook, School Calendar and Program Fee Invoice
- Reminder to parents to complete, sign and submit all required registration paperwork:
- Emergency Contact Form
- Waiver/Consent Form
- Developmental Background Form
- Proof of Immunization and the Proof of Physical Exam (signed & dated within the past 12 months)
- All required paperwork must be submitted to the NCS Business Office before the registration will be considered complete.
- Lack of completed paperwork will forfeit the child’s registration and seat in the class.
- Submitting an Inquiry Form does not guarantee a seat in the program.
- Please Note: Children enrolled in Cobblestone Kids are not automatically registered for Kindergarten at NES the following year. Parents are expected to adhere to the registration processes and age requirements as outlined by NES.