Nantucket Community School and Nantucket Public Schools are pleased to announce the opening of Cobblestone Kids, a pre-kindergarten program designed for our little islanders! This program will be located at the Nantucket Elementary School next to NCS’s newly relocated Registration Office & Early Childhood Center. Cobblestone Kids is tentatively scheduled to open on Monday, September 11, 2017.
*Class selection will occur by lottery.
**Deadline for submitting Inquiry/Lottery Forms: Monday, August 14, 2017 5pm
Parent Information Night*
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
6:00pm – 7:00pm
NCS’s NEW office at NES
30 Surfside Road – Room A6
*Attendance to the Parent Info Night is NOT required to be included in the lottery. Please see instructions outlined below.
Cobblestone Kids Program Description:
Cobblestone Kids is the Community School’s latest endeavor in reaching our mission to engage, strengthen and connect our community. This pre-kindergarten program is designed to provide our children with the highest-quality, early learning environment that is safe, nurturing, play-based, family-friendly, and affordable for Nantucket’s year-round, working families.
Recognizing that children learn at their own pace and in differing ways, we use a multi-sensory, brain-building and developmentally appropriate approach to grow the whole child; cognitively, academically, socially and physically. STEM and Literacy-based activities are created to engage each student’s natural imagination and curiosity for learning while encouraging pro-social interactions. Parents/Caregivers are considered the child’s first teachers who play a key role in shaping their child’s future school success. To encourage and celebrate this role, Cobblestone Kids will include regularly scheduled Family Fun programming open to all members of the family.
Requirement: Child MUST be 4 years of age by September 1st, and able to use the bathroom independently.
Hours of Operation:
Academic Year: September – June 7:35am – 5:15pm Monday through Friday
Summer Session: July & August 8:00am – 4:00pm Monday through Friday
Schedule: Open year round with abbreviated hours during the summer session.
Closed during NPS’s regularly scheduled breaks and holidays.
Registration Fee: None
Academic Year Only: $11,400
Academic Year & Summer Session: $14,100
- Click HERE to download the Cobblestone Kids Inquiry/Lottery Form and submit to NCS’s Summer Office at NHS (10 Surfside Road)
- Inquiry/Lottery Form Deadline for Submission: Monday, August 14, 2017 5pm
- Notification of Results via Email: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 5pm
- Non-selected inquiries will be automatically added to our interest/inquiry list for future openings.
- Selected inquiries will receive an email with the following attachments: parent handbook, calendar, invoice and required paperwork and signature forms.
- Selected inquiries must submit Proof of Immunization and Proof of Physical Exam (signed & dated within past 12 months).
- Parents must complete, sign and submit ALL paperwork including health record and immunizations to NCS Business Office by Wednesday, August 23rd at 5:00pm, or forfeit their child’s seat in the class.
- Only children who are 4 years of age by September 1st will be included in this lottery.
- At this time, the Lottery is equally available for Academic Year Inquiry OR Academic Year & Summer Session Inquiry. Lottery is not available only for the summer session.
- Submitting an Inquiry/Lottery form does not guarantee a seat in the program.