Nantucket Community School and Nantucket Public Schools are pleased to announce the
opening of Cobblestone Kids, a pre-kindergarten program designed for our little islanders! This program is located at the Nantucket Elementary School next to NCS’s newly relocated Registration Office & Early Childhood Center.
Cobblestone Kids is scheduled to open Tuesday, January 2, 2018!
During the 2017/18 school year, open seats will now be filled on a rolling basis throughout the year. Child must be four (4) years of age and able to use the bathroom independently prior to start date.
Please submit the Cobblestone Kids Inquiry Form – 2017 AND the Cobblestone Kids – Waiver-Consent-Hold Harmless form (2017) to secure your child’s seat and/or to be placed on our waiting list.
All registration paperwork (see links below) is due to the NCS Office by Friday, November 17th in order for your child to begin in January.
Cobblestone Kids Program Description:
Cobblestone Kids is the Community School’s latest endeavor in reaching our mission to engage, strengthen and connect our community. This pre-kindergarten program is designed to provide our children with the highest-quality, early learning environment that is safe, nurturing, play-based, family-friendly, and affordable for Nantucket’s year-round, working families.
Recognizing that children learn at their own pace and in differing ways, we use multi-sensory, brain-building and developmentally appropriate approaches to grow the whole child; cognitively, academically, socially and physically. STEM and Literacy-based activities are created to engage each student’s natural imagination and curiosity for learning while encouraging pro-social interactions. Parents/Caregivers are considered the child’s first teachers who play a key role in shaping their child’s future school success. To encourage and celebrate this role, Cobblestone Kids will include regularly scheduled Family Fun programming open to all members of the family.
Requirement: Child MUST be four (4) years of age and able to use the bathroom independently prior to enrollment.
Hours of Operation:
Academic Year: September – June 7:35am – 5:15pm Monday through Friday
Summer Session: July & August 8:00am – 4:00pm Monday through Friday
** Extended Day: July & August 4:00pm – 5:15pm Monday through Friday
Open year round with abbreviated hours during the summer session.
**Summer Extended Day option may be offered pending staff availability.
Closed during NPS’s regularly scheduled breaks and holidays.
Registration Fee: None
Academic Year Only: $11,400
Academic Year & Summer Session: $14,100
- Inquiry Forms: Now accepted on a rolling basis!
- Click Here to download the Cobblestone Kids Inquiry Form!
- Submit to NCS’s newly relocated Business office at 30 Surfside Road (NES)
or email to Katie Manchester at email@example.com
- When a seat is available, the parents will receive an email with the following attachments:
- Parent Handbook, School Calendar, Invoice and required Waiver and Consent forms.
- Parents must complete, sign and submit all paperwork including the Proof of Immunization and the Proof of Physical Exam (signed & dated within the past 12 months) to NCS Business Office before the registration will be considered complete.
- Lack of completed paperwork will forfeit the child’s registration and seat in the class.
- Submitting an Inquiry Form does not guarantee a seat in the program.