Looking for a rewarding career in education? Join the Nantucket Community School team!
The Nantucket Community School (NCS) is a public school that offers a variety of programs and services to the community of Nantucket, Massachusetts. NCS aims to engage, strengthen, and connect the community through high-quality, affordable, and diverse educational opportunities.
NCS is currently hiring for several full-time and part-time positions in different areas, such as teaching, administration, aquatics, gymnastics, and more. If you are passionate about education and want to make a positive impact on the lives of students and families in Nantucket, you might be the perfect fit for one of these roles:
- Spanish and English Bilingual Teacher Assistant: You will assist the classroom teacher in providing instruction and support to students who are learning English as a second language. You will also help with classroom management, lesson planning, and communication with parents and staff.
- Aquatics Director: You will oversee the operation and management of the NCS pool and aquatics programs. You will be responsible for hiring, training, and supervising staff, developing and implementing policies and procedures, ensuring safety and compliance standards, and promoting aquatics programs to the community.
- Office Manager: You will provide administrative support to the NCS director and staff. You will handle daily office tasks such as answering phone calls and emails, scheduling appointments and meetings, maintaining records and files, processing payments and invoices, and ordering supplies.
- Assistant Swim Coach: You will assist the head swim coach in coaching the NCS swim team. You will help with planning and conducting practices, motivating and mentoring swimmers, attending swim meets, and communicating with parents and staff.
- Assistant Gymnastics Instructor: You will assist the head gymnastics instructor in teaching gymnastics classes to students of different ages and skill levels. You will help with setting up and cleaning up equipment, demonstrating skills and techniques, providing feedback and encouragement, and ensuring safety and fun.
- Extended Day Teacher: You will provide after-school care and enrichment activities to students in grades K-5. You will plan and implement engaging lessons and projects, supervise homework time, facilitate games and crafts, and foster a positive and supportive environment.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Program Coordinator: You will coordinate the ESOL program for adult learners who want to improve their English language skills. You will recruit, train, and supervise ESOL instructors, develop curriculum and assessment tools, monitor student progress and attendance, and collaborate with community partners.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Instructors: You will teach English language classes to adult learners of different proficiency levels. You will prepare lesson plans and materials, deliver instruction using various methods and strategies, assess student learning outcomes, and provide feedback and support.
- Electrical Journeyman Instructor: You will teach electrical courses to adult learners who want to obtain or renew their electrical license. You will cover topics such as electrical theory, code requirements, wiring methods, safety practices, and troubleshooting techniques. You will also administer exams and issue certificates of completion.
To apply for any of these positions, you need to complete and return the signed NCS – Employment Application along with your cover letter and resume to Alicia Graziadei, Nantucket Community School director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop at our 30 Surfside Road office.
NCS is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are also an alcohol- and drug-free workplace that promotes health and wellness. We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages to our employees.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a dynamic team of educators who are dedicated to serving the Nantucket community. Apply today!