2021 NCS Proctoring Services
Nantucket Community School provides quality testing services to our community while ensuring test integrity and providing accurate and complete testing information. We provide these services at 56 Centre Street facility so people do not need to leave the island to meet their testing needs. We can administer computer-based and paper-pencil exams.
Pearson Vue Test Center
The Nantucket Community school operates a Pearson Vue Test Center at 56 Centre Street. We deliver certification and licensure exams for leading organizations in virtually every industry. Find your exam program’s homepage in the alphabetical list below by clicking on the link below. View all exams here.
Some of our most popular tests include:
- Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL)
- GED® Test
- Berkeley College exams
We offer tests in nearly every industry.
- Academia & Admissions
- Financial & Related Services
- Information Technology (IT)
- US Licensing & Global Regulatory
To register for any Pearson Vue exams please visit www.pearsonvue.com
Colleges use ACCUPLACER to assess your skill levels in reading, writing, and math to determine if you’re ready to take courses that will earn you credits at that school. If you show proficiency in a subject, you won’t have to take developmental courses and can start earning credits right away that count toward a degree or certificate.
ACCUPLACER is the most powerful tool available to help colleges assess student readiness for introductory credit-bearing courses and make reliable placement decisions. The tests include texts and tasks students will likely encounter in first-year college courses, and the math content is more aligned to state college and career readiness standards.
Free Web-Based Study App
The ACCUPLACER web-based study app features official practice tests you can take on a computer, smartphone, or tablet. You’ll get answer explanations to increase your understanding, and because the sample tests are similar to the real thing, you’ll know what to expect on test day.
When you are ready, contact NCS and we can schedule an ACCUPLACER exam for you.
Once you complete the ServSafe training online, NCS has Registered ServSafe Proctors who can proctor both written and online ServSafe exams. The ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Examination (ServSafe Manager Exam) is available in:
- Online: English, Spanish and Chinese.
- Print: English, Spanish/English, Korean/English, Chinese/English, French Canadian/English, Japanese/English, and Large Print.
Local students taking classes or training through colleges and institutions by correspondence or other long distance methods are often required to take exams. The Nantucket Community School offers proctoring services for computer and paper-based exams in accordance with the examination regulations of your institution. However, if your school requires you to download specific software, you will need to contact our office first. Your institution will need to officially approve the Nantucket Community School as an examination site before you will be permitted to sit for your exam.
Individual Appointment Times
- Appointments are based on availability and length of test.
- Please call Brian Lenane at 508-228-7285 x1571 to schedule an appointment.
- On the day of your test you must present a current and valid photo ID bearing your name and your signature such as a driver’s license or passport.
- YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO TEST WITHOUT PROPER ID.
Method of Payment
- $50 per session up to two (2) hours, then $25 for each additional hour.
- Please pay by check at a Nantucket Community School office. Our downtown location is at 56 Centre Street.
- Payment is expected prior to or on the day of the test.