The Nantucket Community Pool is located adjacent to Nantucket High School at 10 Surfside Road. The facility boasts a six lane, twenty-five yard pool with a one-meter diving board, separate adult and youth locker rooms and a Colorado Timing System. Aquatic programs are available for all ages and include swim lessons, aqua-fitness classes, adult lap swim, family swim, competitive and recreational swim teams, adult competitive swim meets and lifeguard certification courses.
No Show Fee Policy – effective November 9, 2020
Looking for a Membership? – Visit Here
Day Passes are available for purchase at the pool – $10.00 Adult (18+); $6.00 Youth (6-17)
- Swimmers who wish to reserve a Lap Swim timeslot should sign up prior to coming to the facility. Dates will be open for registration 7-10 days out.
- Each reserved timeslot will be 50 minutes long. If you wish to swim slightly longer, and if capacity allows, please establish clear communication with the lifeguard on duty.
- If you wish to reserve two consecutive timeslots, please be sure to utilize the entirety of each slot.
- Monday through Friday, September through June, lanes 1-2 will be reserved for Open Lap aka “circle swimming.” Follow the link below for more.
- Family Swim available on Saturdays from 1-2pm! Please use the Lap Swim SignUp system to reserve your spot. Please reserve an individual spot for each adult and child planning to enter the pool!
Try our NEW Public Schedule Site – (Changes made in real time and most accurate)
Please visit our Swim Team pages for more information about Nantucket Swimming (NANT).
Nantucket Public Schools utilizes the facility throughout the academic day for PE & Swim instruction, and we are proud to be the home for the Nantucket High School Girls & Boys Swim Teams – GO WHALERS!
Monthly schedules are posted online with public lap hours. When using the facility, please remember to maintain a high level of safety and cleanliness.
General Guidelines and Information
Family Swim Rules and Guidelines & Swim Session Definitions (PDF) (Note: Adult Lap is 18+ yo, Competitive Youth Swimmers may access during Open Lap)
NCS typically holds to our No Refund Policy. Refunds will not be granted in the case of absences or school/building closures. However, should a class be cancelled by NCS, a refund or credit will be applied per the customer’s preference. Requests for credits due to unexpected circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by NCS staff. If approved, refunds will be subject to a 10% processing fee. Credits must be used by May 1 of the current fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
Ry Murphy is a graduate of Nantucket High School and former Whaler varsity swimmer. Ry holds a B.A. in Communication Studies and Mass Media from the College of Charleston. Ry’s love for the water started at a young age as an avid surfer and swimmer. As a result, he has spent his adulthood swimming and training in pools around the country. After attending the NY Parks Lifeguard Academy and earning a Nassau County Ocean Lifeguard II certification, he served as Head Lifeguard and Aquatics Director at the Ocean Club on Long Island, NY. Prior to that he was the Head Surf instructor at Nantucket Island Surf School for many years while holding a Red Cross Lifeguard certification. Ry is a husband, father and passionate outdoor enthusiast.
Ry can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-228-7285 x1578.